Red Cross Hurricane Sandy Relief Donation Made
The damage caused by Hurricane Sandy created an historic need for services and equipment in NY, NJ and surrounding areas never before seen. Powerhouse responded to this emergency by providing our portable boiler rooms and emergency service technicians to affected areas before, during and after the storm.
The additional business gained by Powerhouse due to the storm has allowed us to make a donation to the one organization that helps more directly-affected-individuals than any other, the American Red Cross.
The Red Cross has already spent more than $70 million helping those affected by Hurricane Sandy – read more about their Hurricane Relief Programs. The Red Cross estimates it will take approximately 3 years for complete recovery to occur for all those affected from Hurricane Sandy.
So far, in response to Hurricane Sandy, the Red Cross has:
- Activated more than 300 Emergency Response Vehicles (ERVs)
- Provided more than 78,900 overnight stays in shelters
- Served more than 7.4 million meals and snacks
- Distributed more than 5.2 million relief items
- Provided 86,800 emotional support and health contacts
- Mobilized more than 14,400 trained disaster workers
- See Detailed Info here.
- See heartwarming personal stories from the Red Cross.
- The Red Cross has utilized the services of over 90,000 volunteers to help with these efforts, many of which have traveled from their local offices to the
- North East Region to help with Disaster Relief Efforts.
Powerhouse is proud to make a donation of $25,000 to the Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund.
Please donate to the Red Cross
Any amount helps!